Record a video call for in-call playback
This looks like a silly snippet, but hear me out. You teach an instrument, and want to comment a student on how they did something specific during a performance that just happened. In Zoom, you have to wait for the call to complete for the video file to be available.
Here’s a cheap and cheerful way to do it:
- Change your speaker in Zoom to your computer’s speaker (Macbook Pro Speaker)
- Does the other person’s sound should come out of your speakers now, not headphones
- Open Quicktime
- Quicktime -> New Screen Recording
- Select your computer’s microphone as the input
- Stop speaking
- Start recording
- Stop the recording when it’s done
- Update your zoom setup so it uses your headphones again.
- To present the recording back, share your screen with sound