Hey, I’m Alvin Bryan, I’m a developer advocate and front-end developer/engineer. A few tidbits about me:
- I worked for a fully remote company before most people did.
- I love listening to podcasts and audio drama.
- I love learning things on the Internet.
- My favourite TV show is Billions, especially season 2 to 4. You can watch it on Paramount+ (UK/US).
- I like privacy and owning my data.
I normally work in developer relations, but right now I’m hacking on a side project named SpriteMoose. Before that, I was a developer advocate at Contentful. Before that, I worked for Dow Jones/The Wall Street Journal, on design systems, charts and editorial tools. Previously, I worked on games, maps and data visualisations.
I’m very UX-driven, happiest when collaborating with designers and pushing boundaries as a team. I believe that working as a developer is more than writing code. There’s a lot to be said about a person’s work ethic and collaboration style.
I have years of experience helping people install Sourcetree.
A friendly reminder that the views expressed here are just my own and don’t represent any of my current or former employers.