Hey, I’m Alvin Bryan, I’m a developer advocate and front-end developer/engineer. A few tidbits about me:
- I worked for a fully remote company before most people did.
- I love listening to podcasts and audio drama.
- I love learning things on the Internet.
- My favourite TV show is Billions, especially season 2 to 4. You can watch it on NowTV in the UK and Showtime in the US.
- I like privacy and owning my data.
🎈 What am I doing now? See my “now” page.
👨💻 What apps/hardware do I use? See my “uses” page.
🏗 Find out how this website works.
As a coder
I’m a developer advocate at at Contentful. Before that, I worked on design systems, charts and editorial tools at Dow Jones/The Wall Street Journal. Previously, I worked on games, maps and data visualisations.
I’m very UX-driven, happiest when collaborating with designers and pushing boundaries as a team. I believe that working as a developer is more than writing code. There’s a lot to be said about a person’s work ethic and collaboration style.
I have years of experience helping people install Sourcetree.
A friendly reminder that the views expressed here are just my own and don’t represent any of my current or former employers.