How I setup Obsidian
This is how I configured Obsidian to make the most of it, and so it feels natural to use. I refer to this page when I forget about a shortcut or a specific syntax. I keep it updated.
- ⌘ + E to toggle Markdown preview
- ⌘ + B to bold
- ⌘ + I to italic
- Ctrl + D to Delete Paragraph
- Alt for multiple cursors, not Cmd which is the norm
I’ve remapped some shortcuts so they match VSCode.
- ⌘ + P to “Open quick switcher”, remapped from ⌘ + O
- ⌘ + Shift + P to “Open command palette”, remapped from ⌘ + P.
- Fold Heading ✅
- Spell Check ✅
My Theme is Obsidian Nord (under appearance in the settings).
- Tag pane
- Sync (Optional). It gives you encrypted cloud storage and syncs between devices.
You can highlight text in both Roam and Obsidian. In Obsidian, use two equal signs
For image links, use
For local image files, use
To resize an image but keep its aspect ratio, omit the height